The Network Engineer plays a critical role in keeping RSi’s network infrastructure operational, secure and healthy for our internal and external customers. The successful candidate will not only own and improve the existing global network, but also be a key stakeholder in the design and engineering of the next generation of network infrastructure.
RSi is in a period of tremendous growth and opportunity with a laser focus being placed on technology and infrastructure that scales upwards with the business. Capacity planning, maturity, creative thinking and delivering sound solutions are paramount to the success of this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Improve and make recommendations on the existing networking environment by designing sound and practical solutions utilizing networking best practices.
- Instill and enforce networking standards and governance.
- Architect the next generation of global networking solutions with an emphasis on end to end redundancy and HA.
- Identify and assemble a collection of professional, proactive networking tools.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including firewalls, routers, switches, hubs, global circuits, etc. to assure network stability and performance.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; making adjustments as needed, troubleshooting and collaborating with team members.
- Secure the network by establishing and managing policies / rules regarding access.
- Reporting network operational status, capacities and trends to always be one step ahead of demand.
- Maintain vendor relationships and document support procedures/contact for each.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Assist in the preparation of internal proposals and solutions.
- Work with all levels of individuals throughout the company via Helpdesk tickets and direct contact.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services.
- Partner with Security teams to ensure best practices in network security.
- 3+ years hands-on networking administration experience with multiple vendors product lines.
- 2+ years of Engineering-level experience.
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols – IP subnet management, DNS, routing protocols etc.
- Hands-on recent experience with Cisco & HP switches, Netscaler load balancers, ASA firewalls, IPS systems, Cisco VPN, various Cisco Security products.
- Strong, proven network troubleshooting skills and the ability to demonstrate them.
- Must be able to function and contribute to a team environment as well as possessing the confidence to present independent opinions.
- College degree in the field of computer science or 3+ years equivalent work experience in a global network environment.
- Certification Cisco switching, routing and security is a plus.
- Solid skills in Windows and Linux networking.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into network issues, standards, and products.
- Ability to be involved in multiple projects simultaneously without becoming distracted.
- Exposure to and knowledge of VMware.
- Exposure and experience with the networking aspects of cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.) is an advantage.
- Ability to focus in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Must be available for 7x24 on-call support as needed.
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.