As part of RSi’s Global Technical Operations department, the Security Analyst will be a part of and work closely with all technical teams. The objective is to assist in furthering RSi’s security best practices and operations from a technical perspective. The position will be responsible for the collaborative development, deployment and management of data protection and infrastructure security solutions. This position will be a hands on position working with multiple technologies, systems, networks, and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement comprehensive countermeasures and refine technical and administrative controls for the handling of sensitive data.
- Respond and remediate emerging threats or escalate to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Maintain ongoing administration of data and infrastructure security standards across multiple RSi platforms.
- Provide and assist with data and infrastructure security analysis including, but not limited to the following: the review of centralized logging reports, the investigation of incidents and the validation of operational effectiveness of baselines and benchmarks.
- Monitor vulnerability assessments and scanners, configuration scanning, IPS/IDS, SIEM, Antivirus, and patch-related platforms.
- Support compliance in accord with RSI’s Security and Privacy programs.
- Work in conjunction with Technical Operations System Engineers and Administrators to build new environments in accordance with best technical and security practices.
- Deliver professional IT services at all times in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Refine, augment, and tune day to day security program operations
- Assist with customer and internal audit and compliance, computer forensic analysis, security compliance monitoring, vulnerability assessments, and security program compliance.
- Maintaining and monitoring security systems for day to day operations and compliance programs.
- Incident Response management.
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience as a Security Administrator or Analyst.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical System or Network Administration role.
- Audit experience or exposure is desired.
- 1-3 years working knowledge and experience in any of the following technologies: VA, SIEM, DLP, IPS/IDS, AV, MFA, IDM, VPN, WAF, FW, AD, Wireless, ACL’s, Port Scanning, MBSA.
- Advanced knowledge of current operating systems (primarily Windows), patching practices, hardening and administration techniques.
- Recent experience with event logging and correlation in SOC or CSIRT is a strongly preferred.
- Understanding of security concepts: encryption, system hardening, defense-in-depth designs, advanced persistent threats, anomaly detection and next-generation technologies etc.
- Experience with ethical hacking and/or pen test methodologies.
- Knowledge of best practices, standards and web application security principles.
- Familiarity with global data privacy regulations and security compliance processes, procedures, and control frameworks is a plus.
- Experience in a virtualized environments (VMware or vSphere) is strongly desired.
- Preferred candidates will have a BS with formal training in a computer science, MIS or a related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in one or more of the following programs is highly desirable: Security +, SSCP, CEH, CCSK and/or significant progress towards obtaining advanced security certifications from either SANS GIAC or (ISC)2.
- Collaborative approach with a strong drive to learn and share knowledge.
- Highly organized with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 40-50 pounds.
- Must be available for 7 x 24 on-call support.
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.