The Big Data Business BI (Business Intelligence) Analyst will be supporting one of the nation’s largest drug chains customized big data solutions and help drive RSi’s software as-a-service (SaaS) application adoption and deliver tangible value to the our retailer partner and their suppliers. The BI Analyst will be the retailer data and RSi solutions expert. He/she will leverage the knowledge to support customers’ use of RSi tool – help answer data & tool question, trouble shoot reports/analysis run, implement established collaborative business use cases, as well as develop customized analytics reporting.
This role will be based in our Northbrook, IL office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become the retailer data expert and understand the nuances of each data measure and the optimal way of leveraging data in order to drive insights
- Answer customers’ tool & data inquiry questions and trouble shoot report run issues
- Train customers how to better use RSi data solutions, increase adoption of RSi tools & solutions.
- Guide customers on established use case analytics implementation such as improving in-stock, improve promotional forecasting accuracy, display tool recommendations, reduce waste, etc.
- Support developing new use case analytics special projects.
- Document and develop step-by-step how to guide training materials for each new template to be developed.
- Master’s degree in highly data driven disciplines, such as mathematics, engineering, etc.
- Superb analytical skills, Excel experts. Excellent understanding of relational database.
- Software skills such as Access and VBA are highly valued.
- Excellent people skills to work with customers effectively and contribute value as a team member.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Able to map out variables and trouble shoot each variable and identify root causes and come up with findings and recommendations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to explain issues identified and present findings/recommendations in a logical and concise fashion.
- Relevant experience in consulting, supply chain, operations research is a plus.
- Proven project management skills and a track record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner.