RSi has an open position for a Production Operations Engineer who will ensure that all retailer data streams are supported and loaded into the system in a quality and scalable manner. The position may require non-traditional hours such as working Sunday through Thursday or Tuesday through Saturday.
This position is located in the Providence, RI office.
- Manage data flow and accuracy from many data trading partners, from data receipt through production load into internal systems
- Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data maintenance and load processes to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements
- Support & troubleshoot user request & issues using SQL tools on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Develop data flow process models using ETL tools and provide additional requirements for ETL enhancements and functionality
- Maintain and develop documentation for data file content, format and transfer details
- Create procedures, test files, and processes to automate data flow and ensure accuracy of data into the internal system
- Identifies trends and quality gaps from the analysis and monitoring of data to improve the customer experience
- Respond to production support emails and voice mails
- Must be available for weekend and holiday on-call for production data support semimonthly
- Establish streamlined and automated processes for ongoing maintenance and support
- Provide input into requirements and use case needs for backend product enhancements
Skills and Experience Required:
- University Degree – preferably related to business information systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Working knowledge of relational databases with 2+ years’ experience working in either Microsoft SQL environment or an Oracle environment
- 3+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience working with retail data such as POS and Inventory is ideal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent creative problem solving skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and provide accurate timelines for completion
- Must be customer service oriented with strong follow up skills
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: ETL, Gentran/EDI, AS2
About Retail Solutions, Inc:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.