The Production Operations Analyst will be a part of the team that ensures all retailer data streams are supported and loaded into the system in a quality and scalable manner. This position will be based in our Brentford, UK office.
- Manage data flow and accuracy from many data trading partners, from data receipt through production load thru to external customers reporting platform
- Operate comprehensive data maintenance and load processes to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to customer requirements
- Support end users by data mining and validation using SQL and ETL tools on both Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Identify trends and quality gaps through the analysis of data monitoring to improve the overall customer experience
- Answer production support tickets, emails and voicemails
- Must be available for weekend on-call for production data support
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required
- Experience working with retail data such as POS and Inventory is ideal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent creative problem solving skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Must be customer service oriented with strong follow up skills
- University Degree – preferably related to business information systems
- 3+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Working knowledge of relational databases with 2+ years’ experience working in either Microsoft SQL environment or an Oracle environment preferred. Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Analysis Services cube and/or Vertica databases a plus
- Experience with retailer data portals (Walmart Retail Link, Target Info Retriever) a plus
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: ETL, SQL, Sterling Commerce, Gentran, AS2, FTP/SFTP
- This is not a DBA role, Database Administrators need not apply
About Retail Solutions, Inc.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.