The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) creates and executes strategic plans to build relationships, drive value, and manage issues with the goal of expanding the customer partnership while minimizing the potential for churn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop AND execute Strategic Plan for each account to minimize churn by maximizing user adoption and value creation. Ensure RSi is an indispensable partner to the customer and to the customer stakeholders.
- Ensure all customer sponsors are engaged with RSi at the appropriate levels.
- Develop mutually agreed upon objectives for each account, and review on a regular cadence
- Communicate progress with regular scorecards and dashboards.
- Monitor usage data to ensure that existing users remain active, and leverage power users as advocates for new users.
- Take action (communication, training, etc.) when users discontinue use of RSi services.
- Coordinate with Customer Success Manager to gather ticket resolution, SLA, and other measures as necessary.
- Ensure that the relationship grid is being actively maintained each month.
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, quarterly meetings with the appropriate customer and RSi stakeholders to track tickets, showcase value, adoption, responsiveness, and roadmap for future wins, etc.
- Ensure coordination with local channel teams to align activities to drive toward ultimate goals within plan.
- Increase adoption for existing accounts by expanding active user base to new personnel.
- Manage all new accounts in accordance with RSi standard 90 day plan.
- Provide training on product functionality and templates.
- Setup dashboards to stimulate early adoption across full range of users.
- Deliver account reviews to internal `executive stakeholders.
- Provide executives and key stakeholders with regular account updates and escalate when there is a burning issue or churn risk.
- Share best practices with global peers.
- Ensure that your accounts are well informed of new product releases, changes / issues with data, tips and tricks, upcoming events, etc.
- Notify sales execs of new opportunities within the account.
Measurement / Value Creation
- Each consultant to publish or procure an average of 1 customer success story per month.
- Contribute to RSi marketing efforts related to success stories, awards and best practices.
- Provide coaching and guidance on CBPs, use cases and methodologies for measuring results.
- Partner with the Channel team to ensure that all channel accounts are generating value and collect associated documentation as proof points.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) with 4+ years of relevant supply chain, operations, category management or related experience (preferably in the CPG or Retail Industries).
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills demonstrated by experience and references; experience developing data-driven analytical models of various operations/ policies.
- Proficiency in Excel or other data analysis /mining software is a must.
- Solid understanding of forecasting and replenishment policies and practices.
- Proven project management skills: conceptualizing, planning, estimating and executing.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong customer presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills and ability to build strong relationships with customers.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of related enterprise software applications (e.g. SAP, Retail Link, Retek, etc.) is highly valued.
- Experience working with retail point-of-sale and syndicated data (e.g. Neilson and IRI) is highly valued.
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.