The Retailer Account Manager is responsible for driving RSi’s program adoption with new grocery retailers in Europe. This position will develop programs, collaborate with both European Retailers & our CPG customers, & create value for the overall supply chain using specific business processes. The role will apply the opportunity of retailer collaboration & network effectively within the CPG’s making sure we work with the right level of contacts & maximize our impact. The Pilot Manager must be comfortable training teams in key retailer processes, influencing key Directors on major contract decisions, & managing major internal projects to bring increased value or benefit to your CPG & Retailer teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- User Adoption - Encouraging use of RSi’s software applications through demonstrating the value-added capabilities with the end-users. Users range from supply chain/operations to sales/category management, & in some instances, in store execution teams. Overseeing delivery of the RSi 90 day plan, making sure we get great adoption & manage expectations from the start.
- Employ technical development ability - Ideally Python/R coding experience to help smooth the onboarding process & create work around to all customer / retailers requests. VBA knowledge also nice to have.
- Customer Networking Management - Create a customer & retailer user base & network of contacts to deliver against the programme objectives & the customer contract & making sure we influence as much of the business as possible in a short space of time. Some sales influencing skills very much needed here
- Value Creation - Work with customer teams to identify their key business needs & develop reporting & processes that assist our customers with meeting their goals. Create then apply the current retailer agreed processes with the highest level of return possible. Then finally oversee the measurement of the return on investment through these initiatives.
- Engage Cross-Functionally - Drive tactical customer initiatives through cross functional coordination with Channel Management, Engineering, Product Management, Production Operations & Sales by influencing individual contributors within each of the different teams.
- Demonstrate Account Management Excellence - Operating across both CPG & Retailer teams to delivery outstanding service to all RSi stakeholders. From the analyst using the software to senior executives who need to understand the value created from the processes.
- Must be able to speak French
- University degree, preferably in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance with relevant entry-level CPG or Retail experience in consulting, supply chain, operations &/or category management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel or other data analysis software is a must
- Good presentation, oral & written communication skills
- Project management skills, prior exposure to developing, & successfully executing against project plans
- Excellent people skills & ability to build strong relationships with senior contacts in suppliers, while managing multiple suppliers at the same time
- Team-player, positive attitude & flexible
- Experience leveraging software to report on retail point-of-sale & syndicated data (e.g. Neilson & IRI) is favorable
- Experience delivering quantitative insights to address key business problems & measurable ROI
- Ideally Python/R (or other coding software) & VBA experience
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.