The Account Manager drives usage of demand-driven data in line with the customer’s strategic vision for an enterprise-wide DSR. They will oversee all user-facing account activities while serving as a voice for the customer’s interests within RSi. Lastly, the Account Manager will demonstrate value and return on investment for each user constituency and the customer as a whole.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify needs/goals by user group. The DSR PM will assess the specific needs of each user constituency (sales/category management, supply chain, etc.) and channel. These needs/goals will be discussed with the customer Leadership and incorporated into the teams’ training plans.
- Develop a training plan: The customer’s user base has varying levels of experience and familiarity with the RSi toolset, and a training plan will be developed and tailored accordingly. Training sessions will be conducted depending on the needs of each team and available resources, including but not limited to the following:
- Face-to-face training sessions
- Web-based walkthroughs and support
- Suite of self-service training materials, including recurring webinars, prerecorded webinars, and step-by-step how-to guides.
- The first step will be to identify a preliminary schedule. This schedule will be actively managed and adjusted as needed
- Conduct training and provide first level support. To measure the speed and depth of adoption, KPI’s that measure utilization will be developed. These may include:
- Usage stats: number of users, number of reports run, utilization by retailer
- Identification of super users by account team/user group
- Development and cross-pollination of use cases that deliver client value
- Develop KPI’s to measure usage and adoption and value creation
- Provide regular updates to leadership: To keep program sponsors updated, organize project management calls at a regular cadence, prepare monthly status reports and hold periodic face-to-face reviews. Topics may include progress towards program goals, new retailer expansion and onboarding opportunities and the RSI roadmap
- Share best practices and successes around the customer teams. As competency within the account teams is developed, best practices and success will be shared across the user base. This can occur through user groups, newsletters, or other communication as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) with 4+ years of relevant supply chain, operations, category management or related experience (preferably in the CPG or Retail Industries)
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills demonstrated by experience and references; experience developing data-driven analytical models of various operations/ policies.
- Proficiency in Excel or other data analysis /mining software is a must (SQL desired)
- Solid understanding of forecasting and replenishment policies and practices
- Proven project management skills: conceptualizing, planning, estimating and executing
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong Customer Presentation skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to build strong relationships with paying customers
- Proven track record of delivering high quality results in a timely manner
- Additional software skills such as SQL queries, Java, OLAP, VBA, Monte Carlo Simulation, SAS, Matlab, etc. are highly valued.
- Working knowledge of related enterprise software applications (e.g. Inforem, SAP, Retail Link, Retek, etc.) is highly valued.
- Experience working with retail point-of-sale and syndicated data (e.g. Neilson and IRI) is highly valued.
ABOUT RETAIL SOLUTIONS, INC.:
Retail Solutions, Inc. ("RSi") develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of award-winning software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions that turn Retailer “downstream data”, such as point-of-sale (POS), supply chain, merchandiser feedback and category data, into actionable visibility into the store and onto the shelf for their suppliers.
RSi, the largest and fastest-growing company in the Retail Execution Management field, has more experience with processing customer-specific retailer data than any other company. Retailers and consumer product goods (CPG) companies trust Retail Solutions to grow sales, reduce out-of-stocks, improve promotion execution and effectiveness, maximize retail operation productivity and foster collaborative relationships in the retail industry to improve product availability for the end-consumer.
RSi serves more than 500 CPG Companies, including 23 of the top 25 global consumer goods companies, and processes data from more than 175 leading retailers in the Americas and Europe.
Retail Solutions, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, CA and has offices in Providence, RI, Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, Chicago, IL, Brentford, UK, Paris, France, Munich Germany and Shanghai, China.